High Street, St Lawrence. Ramsgate. Kent. CT11 0QH Tel: 01843 591638 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the Governors' policy that all children at Ellington Infant School must wear uniform in order to:
• Give them a sense of belonging
• Ensure that they are smartly and appropriately dressed for school
• Reduce any form of distraction
• Promote equal opportunities and avoid 'one-upmanship'
• Red sweatshirt or cardigan with or without the school logo
• Grey trousers or skirt/ pinafore dress
• Red or white polo shirt/ blouse/ shirt
• White socks or plain grey or red tights for girls
• Grey socks for boys
• Plain black flat heeled shoes to support the growing foot. Ankle boots may be worn in winter
Any of the above with the addition of
• Red/ white checked or striped summer dress
• Plain smart grey shorts
• Plain black, navy, brown, white sandals – not sling backs or slip-ons for safety
A draw string bag is ideal for P.E. kit and needs to be brought into school at the start of term and left in school till the end of term..
• White or red t/shirt
• Black shorts
• Plimsolls - pull on, for outside use. Indoor PE will usually be in bare feet.
• Jewellery is not considered to be either appropriate or necessary, This includes watches, bracelets, necklaces and earrings.
• Earrings are not allowed as they constitute a Health and Safety Hazard for children. They have to be removed for PE and staff are not allowed to remove a child's earrings.
Where to buy the uniform:
Trews Workwear - 48-54 Chatham Street, Ramsgate, Kent. CT11 7PR. (01843) 599466
The Schoolwear Centre - Weston Dairies, 56 Addington Street, Margate, Kent. CT9 1QS
(01843) 293555 www.schoolwearcentre.net